Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) AKA Cold Laser Therapy
The 411 about Cold Lasers:
The first thing to note is that cold laser therapy is completely painless!
Low level lasers have been used for over 35 years in numerous countries as a therapeutic treament modality to bring about favorable biological effects in people, plants and animals. Cold lasers are an amazing health tool with countless applications.
Low level laser therapy has been proven completely safe in over 3000 worldwide studies.
Low level laser therapy is the application of laser light over injuries, lesions, burns, pain, inflammation and other disorders to stimulate healing within those tissues and cells.
Low level lasers are generally refered to as various names such as, cold laser, soft laser, biostimulating laser, photo stimulation diodes and many others.
Through the treatment of acupuncture points with a cold laser probe, applications such as smoking cessation, weight management and pain management have become increasingly more popular.
The use of cold laser is favorable for individuals who are neelde phobic. Now these individuals may benefit from the positive effects of acupuncture too by treatmen with cold laser instead of needles!
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy
- Reduces pain by causing the production of natural pain killer endorphins.
- Reduces inflammation by suppressing inflammatory enzymes that create swelling, redness, pain, and heat and enhances the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes.
- Enhances lymphatic drainage, which increases circulation and speeds healing.
- Stimulates the release of helpful healing enzymes.
- Releases tight muscles (both smooth and striated) that create chronic pain, joint problems, and decreased mobility.
- Speeds bone repair by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation.
- LLLT in the correct frequency appears to be antiviral, antifungal, and antiherpetic.
- Reduction of pain and inflammation results from this treatment, as does the stimulation of nerve regeneration, muscle relaxation and atonicity (lack of muscle tone).
- There is also an indication that laser light therapy helps to increase the immune system response.